Hysham Echo Newspaper

The Hysham Echo Newspaper has been published since Nov. 28, 1911 for Treasure County, Montana.

The Echo has undergone many changes over the years and I was honored to be the editor at the time it turned 100.

Each week I will publish the recipes and Page from the Past and the obits as soon as I receive them.

Dog Treats

The following recipe has nothing to do with anything… except I bought a new Demarle pan in the shape of dog bones and wanted to try it out. I made these Sunday afternoon and the neighbors dogs seemed to like them! (I don’t own a dog!) - And, this is the recipe I picked to take photos of this week - so you can see it on the blog!

Dog Treats

1 lb. beef liver
DSCN1955-2012-01-9-15-30.jpg
12 - 14 cloves garlic
DSCN1954-2012-01-9-15-30.jpg
2 eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal


Puree liver and garlic in food processor.
DSCN1956copy-2012-01-9-15-30.jpg

DSCN1958copy-2012-01-9-15-30.jpg
Add eggs, whole wheat flour and cornmeal.

DSCN1959copy-2012-01-9-15-30.jpg
Spread in Damarle Dog-bone Tray.

OR

Grease cookie sheet and pour mixture onto cookie sheet.

Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes.
DSCN1960copy-2012-01-9-15-30.jpg

(If using cookie sheet: flip over halfway through baking. Cut into desired sized squares.) Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.